Friday, February 25, 2011

Law and Technology

1. I disagree that websites like Youtube should be responsible for doing the copyright "scut work." I believe that if you are the one who has a problem with copyright infringement, you should be the one to find the infringe-rs yourself.
2. I think that Network Neutrality needs to be monitored. Phone companies and Internet Service Providers are using this to their advantage and it's influencing the way people think rather than letting them decide what they want for themselves. Of course, some web pages just load much much slower than others; however, there is a difference between "the Wireless Internet is super slow today," and "This page takes 10 minutes to load every time I try and access it."

1 comment:

  1. You make good points. However I am personally against regulation. It always seems to go too far.

    ReplyDelete