Thursday, March 17, 2011

Brick Walls

1. My most major critic is my father. Not necessarily because I take his advice and criticism to heart, but because I know that if he ever gives me advice or criticism, I know that I need to do the opposite of whatever he's telling me. Under no circumstances do I want to be anything like him, or anyone that he likes or can relate to; thus he is also my motivation to follow the anti-advice and crappy criticisms he provides.
      Other essential critics include my sister, my brother, and my best friend, all whom are constantly presenting me with advice that keeps me thinking about who I'm turning into as a person.

2. In the past, my sister and I were never very close. She's eight years my senior and because of that we never really got along until she moved out of our parents' house. Since then, she and I have both grown and matured incredibly, and now we're best friends. She's given me my most critical pieces of advice and criticism. She is one of the people I admire most in the world, because we have a lot of similar experiences and she made the best of what she had. She's happy, and she's made a good life for herself. I'm always willing to accept constructive criticism from her, because she is a good model; she's not at all hypocritical and I know that since she's experienced what she's talking about, she knows and her criticism might actually help me.


3. One time I thought I was in a class to learn about media literacy, but it turns out I was just learning how to make up cheesy answers to questions. On the bright side, I had a wonderful spectacular teacher, who was a beautiful person inside and out :]

No comments:

Post a Comment